1. Each team must have a minimum of 3 registered players present on the court to begin play. Each team can have a maximum of 4 players. Each player can only play for, and be registered on only one team per division. All participants of the tournament MUST register at our command centre before they step on the court for a game.
2. A coin flip shall determine which team gets the first possession. The team that wins the coin flip can either choose to benefit from the ball possession at the beginning of the game or at the beginning of a potential overtime.
3. Each play must begin at the check line, which is beyond the 3-point line at the top of the key. Play commences after the ball is checked. At least one pass must be made before a basket can be made. In the situation where a team fails to complete a pass before scoring a basket, the basket will not count, play will be stopped, and the opposing team will gain possession.
4. The ball changes hand after each made basket.
5. On defensive rebounds and steals, the ball must be returned to the area beyond designated check point (ball must be “cleared”), player with the ball must have both feet outside of the check point line.
6. In out of bounds situations, play will resume in the same manner as a scored basket where the ball must be checked before play can begin.
7. Substitutions may be made after a made basket, or any official stoppage of play with the permission by the referee.
8. Every shot inside the arc shall be awarded 1 point. Every shot behind the arc shall be awarded 2 points. Every successful free throw shall be awarded 1 point.
9. The game ends when the 16 minutes running clock expires, or when one of the team scores 15 points first, whichever comes first.
10. Stop clock is in effect during the last minute of regulation time and last minute of the first overtime period. After any stoppage of play during the last minute, the clock resumes running once any player on the offensive team touches the ball after the check.
11. Each team has 1 30-seconds timeout per game. No additional timeouts are given in overtime period(s).
12. If the score is tied at the end of playing time, an extra period of 3 minutes will be played. The first team to score 2 points in the overtime wins the game.